200 West Madison, Suite 1200 – LEED for Commercial Interiors
200 West Madison, Suite 1200
Transwestern’s Chicago headquarters sought LEED® certification for the design and construction of its new office. In order to obtain LEED® for Commercial Interiors, Transwestern worked closely with building owners as this certification cannot be pursued independently.
- Selected an existing office space that allowed for preservation of greenfields and natural habitats and resources.
- Purchased ENERGY STAR® rated products for over 90% of office equipment and appliances.
- Installed 1.0 gal per minute kitchen aerators within the office space.
- Switched to energy-efficient, low wattage LED light fixtures.
- Installed MERV13 filters into base building air handling units.
- Installed submetering equipment onto lighting system, controls and plug loads to measure and record energy use in the tenant space.
- Increased ventilation rates 30% over ASHRAE 62.1-2007 requirements.
- Decreased potable water usage by 41%.
- Reduced lighting power loads more than 65% under the ASHRAE 90.1-2007 standard.